Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Where are we going to put all of this stuff????!!!

The afternoon of Monday Sept. 17th the truck arrived with all of our belongings. We had mixed feelings about this- we were excited to sleep in our real bed again, but unsure just how the space would work out. Brian had contacted Fuller about the possibility of getting some help moving since my lifting days are over until March, but it was the first day of orientation for many programs so schedules were quite full (his orientation didn't start until Tuesday). So...we proceeded on our own- I carried the light picture frames and bedding and small items. My husband, without one complaint, unloaded the rest! Thankfully there was a hand truck in the truck and he was able to load many boxes and wheel them over to our first floor place (we were thankful that we didn't have to go upstairs with everything!).






We were feeling pretty good at this point- things were going smoothly and I figured since we had this much in the apt., there couldn't be much left in the truck, right?

This is Maggie hiding in the nook trying to scheme a way back to WV to live with Nanny or Auntie Janine. :) She's not so excited about the studio- esp. after we started bringing in all of the stuff!!!



The spatial guru himself, the amazing Brian Shope! He really does have a knack for figuring out how to fit things in the least amount of space- the moving truck was packed really well and we actually only ended up using 7 of our allotted 12 ft.



Reality can be a kick in the gut, huh? After seeing what was left in the truck I proceeded straight to the bathroom to have a good cry. I did take a picture frame with me to unload and my kind husband, upon my return, says to me, "I know you were in the bathroom crying. It doesn't take that long to move a picture frame." Hmmm- the pitfalls of being married to your best friend who knows everything about you!! :) I am pregnant, which does entitle me to a good cry now and then-- even for reasons such as being overwhelmed with all that is in the studio and all that still had to go. :)












OK- now we're finally finished and Maggie is glaring at us in rage. We made rows to navigate to the kitchen and bathroom and headed to California Pizza Kitchen for much deserved cold beer (for Brian) and Chinese dumplings (for me- a strong craving lately). :)



Maggie decided maybe she'll stick it out for a week or two since we did bring her bed ,she gets to go on walks with her Daddy 3 times a day, AND there are many doggies here at which to bark. Woof!!

No comments: