Monday, February 11, 2008

Four weeks to go- Jan. highlights, more baby prep, and Maggie's sit-in...

It has been a long time since we've posted- life has been hectic with several work projects for me and an intensive 2 wk. class for Brian as well as his normal schedule and PT work in the SIS office. It has been a difficult month for my family on the east coast as well, but everyone seems to be on the up and up now.

The time until March 13th is passing rather quickly now and still things are not ready. I am beginning to come to terms with the fact that the baby will be fine whether or not the refrigerator has been cleaned out before he/she arrives- Brian assures me this is the case! My body is tired after an 8 hr. work day and my gracious husband affords me the rest I need in the evenings and all other commitments are flexible due to the pregnancy card- and soon the infant card.

Poor "fake baby" has spent a lot of time in the crib without much attention, which is fine with Maggie. We have graciously received many beautiful baby things from friends and family across the country and are so grateful for everyone's generosity.

A few highlights of the last month include an overdue Christmas trip to Santa Barbara for Brian and I. This was our Christmas gift to one another- a night away before the baby and we were so thankful to get a night's stay at the Bath House bed & breakfast- we highly recommend it! Ask Brian about our midnight cake run. We walked on the beach, took many pictures, had dinner at an old historic stagecoach stop, and laughed and laughed together. It was a really special time of focusing on each other and reminiscing about the last year, giving thanks for the good and the difficult, and offering this new year up to God while praying together on the beach. It was holy time and we came back rejuvenated and refreshed even after just one night.

Here are some pics of our time there...(notice the belly was present too) :)



This one looks fake, but it's real...


The Bath House Inn where we stayed...
Only in CA can you sit on the beach in Jan. in short sleeves...



One of the other special surprises in Jan. was a shower for me thrown by the Fuller wives- a group of us get together each Thursday night for a book study and catching up. They have been so sweet to us throughout this pregnancy and held a shower for me on Jan. 26th. I was so touched- our friends and family have gone to great lengths to provide showers even though we're far away and I so appreciate their efforts- Traci, Cheryl, and Connie! :) Yet, it was really fun to able to participate in person! Here are a few pics...

The shower was held at Leah's house- who is also pregnant- there are actually about 7 of us in the group of 20 who are pregnant! It's contagious! Check out my nifty baby sling...



More of the girls...Leah Beth, me, Jessica, and Meredith


Opening gifts...


Leah Beth and the too cute diaper centerpiece she crafted...now that's skill!


The hostesses with the mommy and the belly...


It was a really fun afternoon and Brian and I were so grateful for everyone's thoughtfulness!

We thought we had everything arranged for the baby and then decided over the last week that the crib was really too close to the heater, which we've used about 2 times since we've been here. But, who wants to take a chance. The new plan is to take down the crib temporarily and use the Pack N' Play as a crib until June when our lease is up.

This was where the crib was originally...


We told Maggie we would have to move the futon to make room for the crib (when we were still thinking we could fit the crib in this apt.). She decided she didn't want to do that and staged a sit-in...this is her "I've had enough!" face...



Stay tuned for more exploits of fake baby as we move from the crib to the Pack N' Play and set up the swing this week...Maggie just can't wait! She's trying to find her way back to WV since Brian and I won't allow her the white fluffy bear from Grandma Shope or Flopsie Bubkins from Trish. Life is oh so hard...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love and miss you Brian and Megan! I especially love the fake baby and fake baby holding pictures. classic! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Megan you look so cute pregnant, but I can't wait to see pictures of the baby! I'm praying for you, baby, and Brian.

Miss you guys!
Jen Beach

Janine said...

Megan, this is hilarious! You have a baby now...no more adventures of fake baby, it's REAL baby Owen all the way now! I can HARDLY believe I'm an aunt. I keep obsessing and checking your blog and your facebooks for pics...I'm dying here! GIVE ME OWEN BENJAMIN! I love you so very much and am so appreciative of my "involvement" in the day of your son's birth! THANK YOU for letting me "be" there. Love, Auntie Janine (oh I just LOVE saying that!)

ben wideman said...

So you guys have a blog? Very cool to discover this little gem! Keep those posts coming as you start off your parental lives.