Friday, November 16, 2007

November in SoCal

It's been a while since we've updated our blog other than the apt. pics- since our last post many things have happened...

1.) I can now feel the baby several times a day- typically when I would like to be
sleeping!
2.) We have unpacked all of our boxes! A necessity, really, when you live in a studio
AND when your Mom is coming to visit! :)
3.) We had a great visit with my Mom over veteran's day weekend! More pics of that
visit to come ASAP.
4.) Brian left his personal training position at 24 hr. fitness due to the extreme
sales nature of the position that conflicted with his personal training
philosophy, and I was hired by the Pasadena Public Health Dept. to begin to
develop their new adolescent immunization program!!! Very exciting! :)
6.) And...we are celebrating with our good friend's the Harlan's- who now officially
own our house on 1199 Mineral! We closed yesterday and we are wishing them well
and so excited to see all of the changes they have and will make (the only
condition was they have to take us in when we visit Morgantown)! ;)

As you can see we have been busy! The end of the quarter is rapidly approaching and Brian is working diligently to complete his final papers as well as massive amounts of reading! He's such a good student!! :)

I am enjoying the last few days of "vacation" while I wait to start my job the week after Thanksgiving. I can't wait!!!! My position is a community services
rep position and I will be developing their new adolescent immunization
program for adolescents in Latino communities and developing ways/programs to encourage more non-white teens to pursue health professions. This fits very well w/my desire to work in the community with marginalized folks and I am very excited
about it! My boss is so great and really sensitive about the baby. We have spoken on the phone multiple times since I received the initial offer and she always asks how I am feeling and how things are going, which we both greatly appreciate!!! To read more about my position see the press release below...

"At the end of her keynote address, Diana M. Bonta, RN Ph.D,
Vice President, Public Affairs for Kaiser Permanente's Southern California Region, and former Director of Health Services for the State of California, made a surprise announcement: Pasadena Immunization Coalition (PIzC) was being awarded a grant of $50,000 to support the planning phase of the Scholastic Partnership for Immunization Initiatives (SPIIn). The large mock-up of the $50,000 check is a hallmark of the partnership that Kaiser Permanente initiated to assist the Pasadena Public
Health Department’s PIzC launch- an outreach initiative among adolescents which promotes understanding about the immunizations that protect them at this stage in their lives. SPIIn is a project with a tri-fold focus: establishment of a youth-led immunization work group; peer-to-peer immunization promotion; and an introduction to public health careers for a new generation."


We also had our "high-tech" ultrasound today and the baby looks great! The ultrasound tech knows the sex of the baby, but we still prefer to be surprised! :) He said the placenta has grown upward, away from the opening of my cervix, which means a return to normal activity and the ability to have a natural childbirth. He took many pics and I will try and scan them tomorrow on Fuller's scanner, but until then....here are some 6 month belly shots to get you through (we will be 24 weeks Sunday)!! WOW!








No comments: